Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Something to Look Forward To...

With only a month of my first year of grad school left, I'm planning for this blog's grand finale: an interactive, multimedia Web site that features information about sexual assualt at USC. After last week's Take Back the Night event held on campus, I was inspired to try and give this under-reported, and often silenced, issue a voice.

I'm hoping to include the following on my site:

(1) a photo gallery with stimulating pictures from the week's events
(2) a Q & A interview with a police detective who has dealt with sexual assault in the community
(3) a few video excerpts from interviews I had with the Director of USC's Center for Women and Men, a woman who works on the judicial side of sexual assaults on campus, and a Deputy District Attorney who spoke about prosecuting and defending sexual assault cases outside of the university's system.
(4) videos of some of the really amazing monologues that the Women's Theatre Group performed at USC's Take Back the Night event.
(5) a poll that will allow readers to anonymously tally their experiences with sexual assault at USC
(6) and an interactive Google map that will show some of the sexual assault centers on/around USC's campus

Since I have already done all of the filming and photo-taking, all that is left for me to do is put it all together in a user-friendly, thought-provoking way!

No comments: